Pitch Anything - by Oren Klaff, A Book Review

By Graham Hunt




Pitch Anything is a book that I might never in a long time have gotten round to reading if I did not have a little buzzy thing inside my mind called Ed Dale telling me constantly, "you have to read this book, you've got to read this book, read this book, read this book, best book of the the last ten years" etc

So I read this book. Just yesterday. In one go. In six hours. With lots and lots of notes.

I do not usually do this at all.

So why did I do it?



Well life is a pitch isn't it? In business you are consistently attempting to sell your products but in so many different ways you are attempting to sell yourself. This book is about getting the position of the Alpha person in the room without being an a***hole about it. Let's face it, if Mother Theresa of Calcutta can do it to some high profile surgeons in California then we can all do it and she never actually seemed an a***hole did she?

It's about taking full control of the situation by employing Frames. It's about being witty and engaging and it's about delivering your pitch well.

The book is drafted in a conversational style which befits someone writing it with the required 10,000 hours of coaching. It comes easily to the author however and it is presented in a way that's easily followed. The point to note is taking the ideas and applying them.

Anyhow yesterday I went into hibernation to read the book, something I never do. I even turned off the Facebook notifications and ignored Twitter the whole afternoon. The iPad was used for reading and the iPhone for taking the notes (Probably a very bad idea as it slowed me down "Note to self, next time use the Mac to take notes, make a mind map or maybe use paper heaven forbid)

One thing did get through to me.

A telephone call I had been waiting for from a customer about a house sale. I thought, would it be cool to apply the ideas I have read about so far to this talk and play around a bit?

So I did.

And I sold the house. Persuaded the seller about the price offer employing a better "Frame". Did the job for my client, the purchaser

So to wrap up the review, I'm sold on this. Are you?

Get it. It's worth it.




About the Author:



Grab The Post URL

URL:
HTML link code:
BB (forum) link code:

Leave a comment

  • Google+
  • 0Blogger
  • Facebook
  • Disqus

0 Response to "Pitch Anything - by Oren Klaff, A Book Review"

Post a Comment

comments powered by Disqus