I have constant pain in my belly. Do I have Diverticulitis ?

By Eric Mitchell


When I was clinically diagnosed with diverticulitis, I was pleased because physician said there was a good probability that I may possibly have Crohn's disease. Nevertheless, diverticulitis is usually as critical and painful as Crohn's disease.

For those of you which have not had chance to know about Diverticulitis, it means infection of one or more of pouches (diverticula) wall of an colon. The infection slows down bowel activity, simply because infected pouches do not empty well; feces could possibly get held in those sacs and then become infected and inflamed. In layman's term, think of your colon as being a road and a stool like a car. Basically, diverticula (infection) it will cause huge road block, therefore it will impedes the flow of traffic.

There are many warning signs of diverticulitis. I can tell you about my experience. In earlier stage, I experienced some cramps and abdominal pain. However, it had not been that considerable in any way. The pain would disappear altogether after few hours. In addition, the pain was bearable

However, this pain decided not to disappear, and pain was unbearable as time went on. It kind of reminded me of pain I had when I had appendectomy infection. The pain in lower left side of abdomen was constant and excessive. I learned that's due to the fact diverticuli (infection) usually are present on that side.

The other symptoms I got was fever, diarrhea, nausea, chill, and bloating. I lost a lot of weight because I lost my appetite (another symptom). If you have constant pain in the lower left side of belly, you must see a physician. Your doctor will do blood tests, say for example a complete blood count (CBC) or CT scan to determine your problem.

I didnt know this, but my diet had a lot to do with diverticulitis. If you adore McDonald's, Wendy's, KFC, and a lot of other junk foods like me, you should be worried. The low-fiber diet and lack of exercise can result in many colon/stomach related diseases such as diverticulitis. Without fiber to increase bulk to the stool, the colon has got to work harder than usual to push the stool forward. As I pointed out in other articles, you need to be active and watch your daily diet.




About the Author:



Grab The Post URL

URL:
HTML link code:
BB (forum) link code:

Leave a comment

  • Google+
  • 0Blogger
  • Facebook
  • Disqus

0 Response to "I have constant pain in my belly. Do I have Diverticulitis ?"

Post a Comment

comments powered by Disqus